Neil Rosenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Having owned now several RV75s (they've all been pretty much the same) I can tell you they take a great but not extremely stable rig (TR-7,TR-5) and make it rock solid. Doesn't matter much for SSB, but for PSK31 it's a godsend.
The high prices are simple supply/demand. The supply is very low, thus the big ticket. If you're just doing SSB save your money. Unless of course you just have to have all the trimmings or are running a museum. I got out of the museum biz lately...
Neil
P.S. The MS-4 is generally better sounding than the MS-7, except for the fact that virtually every MS-4 I've owned buzzes like a kazoo at certain frequencies. It's the thin paper baffle in the front, by the way. I've fixed some of them by gently gluing the paper to the grill.
At 04:36 PM 10/28/2004, Mike Williams wrote:
What is the reason for the high prices for the RV 75 VFO? Is it because it is synthesized or just rare? Also, how is the audio of the MS 7 speaker compared to a MS 4? I'm guessing because of the smaller cone size of the 7 series speaker it is not quite as good. Comments please!
Thanks,
Mike W4DL
---------------------------------------------------------------------- On Behalf of Neil Rosenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Submissions: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message Zerobeat Web Page: http://www.zerobeat.net Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net http://www.tlchost.net/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------

