billgoodwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang ---------------------------------------------------------------------- I am trying to get my old TR4 back on the air. I seem to be putting out a good rf as shown on my old Philmore SWR meter but am told that my audio is extremely weak and hardly understandable. I lost the Electrostatic mic that came with the rig and replaced it with a Kenwood MC50. I notice the manual says a Switchcraft s-230 plug is "required". The chap who sold me the mic did not use this plug. He responded to a question as to plug compatibility as follows

The plug I used on the MC-50 is a standard PJ-068 military plug that was
used by Uncle Sam on Drake and Collins rigs, and has worked fine thru
the years.  There is a switch on the microphone itself that needs to be
ON, but I am sure you know that.  I didn't have a Drake rig to check the
mic on, but did check it on a scope, and there was output there.

Can any one help me re increasing audio signal, mic plug compatibility
or anything that will help me get a stronger audio.

Thanks
Bill
KD4FGU