"DW Holtman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Gary,
Thank you for the info. I used the 777 paint and I really like the results. I sprayed three coats of an automotive filler/primer sanding with 600 wet paper betewwn coats then the top coat. I'm debating if I need to apply wax.
Thanks and 73's
DW Holtman
WB7SSN
----- Original Message ----- From: "Garey Barrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "DW Holtman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: [drakelist] INFO FOR REPAINT COVER
The 7777 is a "Satin" finish, which has some sheen to it. It's not "flat" at all.
The R-4 was more like the 2-B, just a little more glossy than the later 4's. Personally I think 7777 would be fine for the 2-B. If you wanted a little more shine, give it a wax job and buff it up a little.
73, Garey - K4OAH Atlanta
Drake C-Line Service Manual <http://hr99.home.mindspring.com/R-4C_Servicez/>
DW Holtman wrote:
"DW Holtman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the Semi-Flat paint ie; Rustoleum 7777, also the right paint for the Drake 2-b and 2-C series equipment, or should they use a paint with more shine?
Thank you in advance.
73's DW Holtman WB7SSN
----- Original Message ----- From: "Garey Barrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Frank" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Cc: <[email protected]> Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 10:05 AM Subject: Re: [drakelist] INFO FOR REPAINT COVER
Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Frank -
Rustoleum #7777 Satin Black does a very nice job. It is a low sheen black, appropriate for the 4 Line up through the B series. The C Line was powder coated and has more of a "spatter" type finish.
There is a good article on repainting at
<http://www89405.temp.w1.com/DrakeArticles/TechTips/CabinetRepainting.htm>
although Mark uses a Krylon paint. Personally I prefer the Rustoleum, but you may like the Krylon better.
73, Garey - K4OAH Atlanta
Drake C-Line Service Manual <http://hr99.home.mindspring.com/R-4C_Servicez/>
Frank wrote:
Frank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
HALLO
Where I can ask for Repainting the covers of the line 4( RX and TX) Tank You Frank
---------------------------------------------------------------------- On Behalf of "DW Holtman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Submissions: [email protected] Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message Zerobeat Web Page: http://www.zerobeat.net Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net http://www.tlchost.net/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------

