-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ron Wagner
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 9:42 PM
To: Kevin LaHaie
Cc: drakelist@www.zerobeat.net; recipient list not shown:
Subject: Re: [drakelist] Interesting End: PS7 Voltage Regulation Problem

Ron Wagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Kevin,
If I understand you correctly, you were only feeding a percentage of the
design voltage to the PS7 because of the variac.

Let me make a guess as to your problem.  The regulator board needs a
specified minimum voltage to run correctly.  If you were in fact
"starving" the regulator of the correct operating voltage, anything is
possible.  Anything including the distruction of various components within
the regu;lator board, feedback loops in the regulator oscilating, and any
number of other strange things.

So my guess would be the 723 had its "boxers in a bunch" and did whatever
it pleased and did not get reset until voltages got within specs for the
design.

73,
Ron