Bob W7AVK <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Day DRAKE fans - Its Bob, W7AVK, the fellow who has been selling
the TR-7 and R7 Service Kits [13 Extender Cards and Digital Jumper Board
] for the last 7 years. Its been a fun and enjoyable project, and I've
met some neat guys. Thanks for the help.
I still have Service kits available. But, if I can do it for a
reasonable price, I'm considering expanding into what maybe another
useful TR-7 related item.
The DRAKE TR4310, the commercial version of the TR-7, was supplied with
a RP700 Receiver Protector. Its a small card with a dozen components
that was inserted between the antenna and receiver input designed to
offer some protection to the receiver when the unit was used in close
proximity to high power transmitters or high RF fields. Its not a
lighting strike protector as very little can save a rig from very close
and direct lighting, but it couldn't hurt.
Questions for the list. I've never seen a RP700 and know little of it
except from what is in a manual. What are your experiences and are they
a useful addition to a TR-7? Would you be interested in such an
addition to your TR-7 or R-7?
Like when I started the TR-7 Service Kits I've never seen a RP700. Does
anyone have a RP700 which I may barrow to copy its physical specifications?
Thank you for your help.
73
Bob W7AVK
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page: www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------