Ted Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello
Sorry to hear this horror story ... Would you mind letting us know if it was everyone's friend Radio-Ripoff { aka red velvet }that sold you this??? tnx ted
n3zrx

john wrote:


john <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Was there a red velvet cloth in the background of your auction?

:-)

John K5MO



At 12:43 PM 8/2/2006, John Cox wrote:

I recently bought a tr4cw on ebay that was listed as
ULTRA MINT Drake TR4CW RIT & MS4 PS4
I should have noted that he said that it may need alignment and made no reference to output power! When I powered it up it was dead. Looking at the notes section in the manual it had had a lightning event that blew the light fuse and a mickey mouse replacement had been installed. When I powered up after fixing the fuse it had very low receiver volume and no S-meter movement on receive other than when moving the rf gain knob . Replaced two tubes that had low emission in the receiver front end which helped the sensitivity and volume. Still no S-meter indication. Decided to check output power. I am going through my Collins 312-b4 station control to a B&W 334A watt meter / Dummy load. They both indicate 125 watts when using the tuning section in the manual to tune the transmitter.
I welcome any suggestions.

So far I love the transceiver but the manual is a little weak compared to what we had in the NAVY and my Collins 75S-3c manual.

John Cox
Bona, Missouri
KC0YAI

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.10.5/406 - Release Date: 8/2/2006






----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [email protected]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to