I'm hoping someone on the reflector may be able to point me in the right 
direction on my Drake T4X.   I picked up a T4X/R4B pair through a swap.  As 
I've cleaned it up and retubed the rigs, I've encountered a problem with the 
T4X switch that switches the radio from the receiver VFO to the transmitter 
VFO.     
  I cannot obtain any "switch" to the transmitter VFO for it to become active 
and work in the transmitter position.
   
  The radio has been totally retubed and contacts cleaned with the good deox 
spray and I have all new working cables back to the receiver.  The receiver 
works fine, the transmitter output works fine, but I am unable to use the 
separate transmitter VFO as a receiver.  In the transmitter position, all I 
hear and can control is the receiver VFO.
   
  I have also checked the anti-vox from one of the website articles and that 
setting has no effect on the relay firing to energize the transmitter VFO.
   
  I'm sort of stumped at this point wondering whether I need to begin looking 
at the transmitter VFO solid state components as to why I'm not hearing 
anything or having any control over that transmitter VFO for receive.  Or, is 
there some relay inside the receiver that is not "handing off" back to the 
transmitter VFO when I move that switch? I have received a signal from the spot 
position on the receiver VFO when moved to that position.
   
  I'd appreciate any ideas that can be provided.  This is my first time 
tackling a restore on a Drake beyond very common problems.
   
  Thanks.
   
  Paul
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to