[EMAIL PROTECTED] made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is another alternative, and its pretty reasonable too

http://home.earthlink.net/~cherokeehillfarm/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/ANEMReview



-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [email protected]; recipient list not shown: ;
Sent: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 2:47 PM
Subject: Re: [drakelist] TR7 NB

There are Drake noise blankers and then all the rest. I agree on the NB-7. This also applies to the noise blankers used in the TR-4 series including the TR-6 and the R-4C, SPR-4 receivers. Although the R-4B has a decent noise blanker, it is nowhere near as effective as the ones just mentioned. All are very similar in design if not IF frequency. However, I must say the noise blankers in the Yaesu FT-920 and FT-100mp mkV are also very effiective. The only drawback in the Yaesu rigs is the front end filter is a bit wide and limits the effectiveness of the blankers due to strong adjacent signals. Like you, I am severely limited by noise at my QTH. One of the things that helps with a single source of noise is the ANC-4 now manufactured by Timewave. My "noise" antenna is usually a Hustler 6-BTV mounted on the ground in my back yard. It can be tricky to adjust however. Another solution is the use of a beam antenna. It turns out a north-east pattern is pretty good from 20m! - 10m. The types of noise I get are many and range from defective street lights, electrical appliances in the various homes around me (touch lamps being the worse), and line noise. I've also had problems with in-home burglar alarms. One of those was kind of fun as I told the home owner I knew when he wasn't home :-) That got fixed in a hurry! It seems that whenever I track down one source and get it fixed, another appears to take its place! I'm not ready to give up yet.
-------------- Original message --------------
From: Thom LaCosta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>


Thom LaCosta made an utterance to the drakelist gang

----------------------------------------------------------------------
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, D.W. Harms wrote:

>
> "D.W. Harms" made an utterance to the drakelist gang
>
----------------------------------------------------------------------
> I dont think this is a good idea Bill. I am having both the TR7 NB
and the
> K2 NB, and I can tell you that the Elecraft NB is wa aaay lower
quality
> than the Drake!!

I have both, and can also tell you that dare you question the qulaity
of the K2
NB on the Elecraft list, you will not get much information that will
help you
m ake a valid decission.

One of the things that really disappoints me is the NB in the K2...it
is such
that I can hardly get on the air anymorer because of the various
types of QRN
present in this old city.

73,Thom-k3hrn
www.zerobeat.net Home of QRP Web Ring, Drakelist home page,Drake Web
Ring,
QRP IRC channel, Drake IRC Channel, Elecraft Owners Database
www.tlchost.net/hosting/ *** Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in
body
Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page: www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net

----------------------------------------------------------------------

________________________________________________________________________
AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.
=0
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [email protected]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to