From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of EP Swynar
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2007 8:23 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [drakelist] New Subscriber

Good Day All,

Just welcoming myself(!) aboard this Reflector...

I've been giving some serious thought of late here to do what I probably
should have done some 24 years ago, specifically, buy a good set of
Drake Twins. Back in '83, I elected to retire my venerable old Heathkit
SB-400 / Hallicrafters S-77A combo, in favour of the latest & greatest
from the Far East...

I've rued that day every time something major goes out with this flashy
digital winking & blinking contraption.

Maybe I'll learn enough here to know which version of the "R4" series of
receiver I should have, & the subtleties between all of the different
variants thereof...I hope so, anyway, & look forward to the day that I
might have some Twins of my own here to use, enjoy, and actually REPAIR
myself, as the need may arise...

~73!~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ