[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Garey -  K4OAH
HI,
You still working on a TR4 cd ?
We've discussed some of what follows before but....I need an  Elmer.
 
Hamvention rig w/AC3.  SER # 19579
 
AC3 Install the new power supply board.   Now as it turns out I  will 
probably replace the cable connector PS to TR4 as the speaker terminals not  
sufficient and  sometimes release and no audio , and I don't know what  else. 
All the 
terminals had the correct voltages.  
Receive works.  Alignment is necessary but 40 M seems to be  correct.
 
Clean up all the tubes, sockets and switches...some paint work.   Attempted 
to clean the contacts on the open frame relay.  Email w/you about  finals now 
have three 6GJ5's . Replace  one cracked R42 (sent  pic), You said match 
closely, I am within 1 ohm.  W/ your assistance found  R45 (sent pic) Adjusted 
bias 
by voltage reading across R45, (200mV) ....(  ok ok 194 mV the pot winding was 
a little coarse right there ) meter  now reads about 150 mA .  Never did find 
R13, you said should have been  hidden by push switch....nada. Ergo did not 
optimize the meter for .1 A.  I  do not believe I had the bias adj on long 
enough to harm the  new tubes.
 
Attempt to tune (Page 19)....xmit gain control slight nudge in plate amp  
meter, back to ssb,  OK .
.Peak RF tune no difference in plate A (problem)...stayed right where it  was 
for max receiver noise (second problem) Went one step more and  turn the 
plate control for a dip...none....  real problem no change in  plate current 
what 
so ever.   Did not do a carrier balance as this  wasn't the cause of the 
higher meter reading of 150mV.  
 
My probable next steps are to pull the covers and verify all of  the voltages 
at the incoming pins of the Cinch Jones power  plug...Recheck the bias adj,  
Really get my nose into it again and see if I  cannot find R13. and then 
scrounge a tube tester...if all the tubes appear  correct am going to go to the 
diagnostic resistance chart in the manual.
Do you have any better ideas or suggestions?
Thanks for your time...I was going to ask all of this last Sunday on the  
Drake tech net...but didn't.
Carl Hibbard   WD8NHK
 



************************************** See what's new at http://www.aol.com

Reply via email to