"Jim F." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------

My 2-B receiver has a needle that wouldn't
zero without a little help.

I bought a package of Radio Shack 1/2" diam.
ceramic magnets and glued one near the S-meter. 
Now, It's spot on.

 Try it until you find a replacement.

jim / W1FMR



--- EP Swynar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Good Day All, 
> 
> I wonder if anyone reading this has ever come up
> with a possible solution to what I have here in the
> matter of panel meters...?
> 
> Specifically, I use an older Simpson brand 0-500 VDC
> meter to monitor the plate voltage of my 2x813
> homebrewed linear amplifier (I employ multipliers to
> expand its scale to read 0-5000 VDC): to-day, while
> doing some trouble-shooting on the rig, there was a
> momentary internal short --- as a consequence of
> this, the meter needle now will NOT return to its
> "zero" peg, but rather, hangs-up at around the 2 KV
> point on the dial...
> 
> When I activate the B+ on the power supply, the
> needle travels right back up to 2.5 KV, as it
> normally does, but again --- with the supply off ---
> the needle refuses to drop down past about 2 KV
> anymore.
> 
> Is there any "fix" for this condition, or is a
> replacement meter in order...?
> 
> If it's the latter(!), I need a 2-1/4" x 2-1/4"
> bakelite Simpson, 0-500 VDC unit...please check your
> junque boxes...!
> 
> Thank-you...
> 
> ~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to