"Dan Ringer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang ---------------------------------------------------------------------- On 2 Nov 2007 at 11:11, EP Swynar wrote:
> I laughed at myself when I held a perfectly normal meter staring me > in the face at the end of it all, because I thought right away of one > of the Apollo moon landing missions, when an astronaut's camera on the > lunar surface refused to work...what did he do to fix it so far away > from home? He tapped the thing! > > I believe history records that it worked fine after that. No, it didn't. The astronaut was trying to get the camera to work, and suddenly there was a flash of light on the controller's screen back on Earth. "There! I saw something! What did you do?" he asked. "I hit it with my hammer" was the reply. And that was the end. No pictures. No more flashes, even though they (probably) beat the daylights out of the camera. It was to be the first live TV camera on the lunar surface. But it wasn't. I was an undergrad physics major at the time, and really looking forward to show. It was a great disappointment. Another urban legend bites the (lunar) dust. 73, Dan, K8WV ===== Dan Ringer, K8WV [EMAIL PROTECTED] ARRL LM, VC, ASM, LGL http://www.ringerlaw.com ===== ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Submissions: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message Zerobeat Web Page: www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net ----------------------------------------------------------------------

