[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

"Howard  Traxler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]


Hello again Howard,  This is germain to your original question.
 
I'm the one that said watch out for the pictures that make things look  
better than they are.
 
Good example was an AC3 power supply that I very recently  purchased. And 
this WAS from the firm that you said you were looking at for an  AC4.  However 
as 
I advised  that party was very prompt in RE  a financial  refund situation 
caused by myself.
 
Also I keep a copy of the posted ad saved to the computer, and take  pics of 
everything.
 
Please understand that I would go through a piece of equipment  anyway.
.
>From the picture of the AC3 power supply you could see the old caps  and the 
power lead with all of its wires hanging out of the chassis without a  
retainer clip, also a possible dropped unit from the ding on the  transformer.
 
What the picture didn't show was the power cord (2 lead) plug end  mangled 
which I have changed to a w/ground anyway.  That the someone  installed feet  
were all broken and down to epoxied mounting  bolts and nuts that had to be cut 
off the bottom panel, and that panel  straightened where bent up by the broken 
feet.   FWIW The original  panel had threaded inserts.
 
What the ad didn't say and a picture cannot show, was that there was a  blown 
apart diode (D4), a cold solder joint on resistor (R3), which also had the  
lead for the test point cut off.   A broken capacitor mounting  base which 
allowed  (C2) cap pin to hit the chassis.  Part of this was  a poor owner or ? 
repair, and part of it was when flipped over (or  dropped) all of the weight 
hit 
the one cap and broke it out. The latter  could have been seller caused.
 
NOW WITH THE ABOVE IN MIND......IN THE AD;
 
The seller said  "one owner"  I can't picture a ham with any kind  of 
technical ability doing what was done to probably attempt a repair.....but  who 
knows.
 
The seller said "excellent cosmetic and electronic condition"
The seller said  " I have fully tested and it is 100 % perfect working  
condition"  ....
 
Certainly don't know how he "tested" nor what his rating scale is for  
"working condition".
Carl Hibbard
 
.
 
 



**************************************Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest 
products.
(http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?NCID=aoltop00030000000001)

Reply via email to