"Peter Bent" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Just curious, has anyone actually measured the temps in the cages-- before
and after?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ron Wagner
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2007 8:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [drakelist] Cooling Fan on finals

Ron Wagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
The way I went about his was a half wave (single diode) and filter cap
from the 12VAC filament line.  I drive a 24 volt fan drawing air out of
the final cage.  Turns the fan on as I turn on the rig, shuts down when
turned off.  Runs slow and quit, but really makes a difference on the
temp of the final cage.  I attach the fan to the rear of the cage (so the
cabinet comes off without problems) with grommets and black nylon wire
ties.  This arrangement does not seem to damage the cabinet, and does a
nice job cooling.

As far as stability, as long as you do not blow the warm air in, it should
make the rig more stable.  The cabinet and associated circuits  should
stay much more constant in temperature.  In a good oscillator design,
which Drake has, it is typically temperature change that causes the drift.

73,
Ron WD8SBB