"Jim Shorney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 20:55:17 -0800, Dennis Monticelli wrote:

>"Dennis Monticelli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
>No harm in leaving the LP filter in circuit.  Having said that, the
>Drake tuners are indeed Pi configuration and do a good job of reducing
>harmonics commensurate with the limitations of having only three
>reactive elements involved in low passing.

It also bears mentioning that the filters work best into a 50 ohm load, and
should be placed between the transmitter and the tuner.

I swept one of the Drake filters at work not too long ago, and they do cut
off rather sharply right above six meters. Very cool.

73

-Jim

--
Ham Radio NU0C
TR7/RV7, TR6/RV6, T4XC/R4C, L4B, NCL2000, SB104A, R390A, GT550A/RV550A, HyGain