"Howard Traxler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I have the same problem with my TR-4; but only I think it's the band pass 
shift that's moving because the background noise gets a much higher pitch. 
A firm slap on the top of the case brings it back to normal.

73, Howard, WA9RYF
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Mitchell Chesler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Drakelist Submissions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 3:48 PM
Subject: [drakelist] TR-4 VFO jumps


:
: Mitchell Chesler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist 
gang
: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
: Hello   I'm new to this forum -  an old newbie: had a TR-3 as a
: teenager in 1968, and for old times sake recently acquired a TR-4 that
: I estimate was manufactured around 1967. It has nice audio and good
: output on all bands, but suffers from what I think is a dirty relay
: (scratchy intermittent noise, corrected temporarily by switching
: briefly to transmit) -- but a greater annoyance is apparent VFO
: jumping on both transmit and receive - by a few hundred Hz.  This
: happens even if the rig is well warmed up.
:
: The AC-4 that powers it is old and will need to be upgraded - probably
: with the heathkitshop board. I did notice that the bias, after being
: set a week ago, had dropped by about 15-20% and had to be reset.
:
: Searching the Drakelist didn't point me in any direction so I thought
: I'd just ask if there is perhaps a common cause/cure for the frequency
: jumps.
:
: Thanks es 73,
:
: Mitch Chesler NB2N
:
:
:
: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
: Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
: Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
: Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
:
:
: -- 
: No virus found in this incoming message.
: Checked by AVG Free Edition.
: Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.1/1220 - Release Date: 1/11/2008 
6:09 PM
:
: 


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to