"Jim Shorney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 21:13:13 EDT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Well Maybe but I bought the Preamp from Astatic

Heck, I would have given you one if you really wanted it... :)

>My New twins(1977) seemed to need more audio for some reason.

I haven't tried a D104 on the twins yet, but every other rig I've tried one on
has not needed the amp.
Currently I'm using a "Golden Eagle" version on the TR7, sans preamp. plus 470K
resistor. Plenty of audio.
I'll probably move the Golden Eagle over to the HyGain 3750, as it's a better
style match. Keeping my eyes
open for a "Silver Eagle" for the TR7.

Still using Shure 444s on the C-Line and TR6. Although I've got an EV RE-20 I'm
gonna hook up to
something... Since I've got plenty of "standard" T-UG8/D104 around here, I'll
probably try one on the twins
someday. Without the amp, of couse.

73

-Jim