In a message dated 7/3/2008 7:33:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> ron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
> Dan Ringer wrote:
> >
> > Eddy, I suggest simply bypassing the amp on the D104.  The T4Xany
> > doesn't need it.  I use an unamplified D104 and get great audio reports on
>
> > my T4XB.
> >

> Besides, them "amplified" D104's were made with CB'ers in mind at the time.
> Ham radio rigs, they are not needed.
>
> Ron
> wb1hga

Well Maybe but I bought the Preamp from Astatic that went into the base of a
"G" stand(D-104 is head alone), had to drill a few holes, one for access to
the gain pot & another on top for on/off switch, best $7.00 I ever spent.
My New twins(1977) seemed to need more audio for some reason.
Now I could talk a bit lower to accomplish the same.
Too high a setting causes more background noise, not good, hi!
If you got an amplified base, give it a try!
GL es 73......
Rich WA2RQY/4