Hello. Merry Xmas to all of you.

Still need some help on my 2-B that still on the bench.

I have calibrated the S-Meter using the manual instructions. The radio was
turned on for a long time BTW. The process was straightforward. Too bad
that even a 15Mohm voltmeter shunts the AVC line. The manual’s procedure
takes this in account.

Later I realized that when I turned the radio on again, the S-meter did
not go to S1 right away. This is what happens: When I turn on the 2-B, the
S-meter goes to around S9+10 and then goes down to S8. Then it starts a
process that takes around 10 minutes until it goes to S1 (to the
calibrated position).

I have verified the whole AVC circuit (resistors and capacitors). The AVC
is working apparently well. It acts, as it should. I have also replaced
the 6BF6 (AVC amplifier). Nothing changes this behavior.

I also realized that there is a slight change on the S meter S1 when the
AVC is set from fast to slow (or vice versa). On Slow the S meter goes
closer to S2.

When the “resting process” is happening, I tried to monitor the AVC2
voltage with the VTVM or with an oscilloscope, but the measurement
instrument’s load difficult the task and even changes the S-meter
position.

I do not think it has to do with heat because sometimes I turn the
receiver off for few minutes and turn it on and all happens once again.

I am wondering if someone have experimented that and/or has any tip.

Thanks and regards Fred