Fred -

I have been traveling and missed some of this thread. Try subbing tubes in the AVC stages. Often an IF tube will be gassy, and the grid will "lose control" after 5-20 minutes of warmup. The 12BA6 is particularly susceptible to this problem, even in "New Old Stock" tubes. You sometimes have to try three or four before finding a "good" one. The AVC circuit is so hi-z that it takes very little grid current to upset it.

Drake 2-B, 4-B, C-Line & TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

py...@integral.com.br wrote:

Dennis, merry xmas to you and yours, firts of all.

Thanks for the input. I don not know if I my explanation was clear enough. The long S-meter journey to S1 just occurs after power the unit up and for 10 or so minutes. After that the behaivor is normal. Yes my first shot was a opened path to discharge the AVC circuitry. Unfortunately I have not found anything to blame. Did you consider that after the initial pb the behaivor seems to be normal ? Regards Fred