Bob -

Another one bites the dust!   :-)

Select R58 so that the meter indicates 70 mA when the current is 70 mA. Calculate actual current against actual MEASURED value of R59. Then select nearest value resistor for correct indication. Don't worry about meter accuracy anywhere else, not important.

Drake 2-B, 4-B, C-Line & TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Robert Ladden wrote:
Epilogue:

R59 looked good visually, but fell apart when tapped. Cannot trust appearances.
Box from Mouser arrived today. It took me about 90 minutes to replace five
resistors (I'm slow). Replaced the finals. Powered up, everything looked good.
Finals neutralized easily. Full power available. All is well again.

By measuring the voltage drop across my new 5% R59, it seems my meter reads 20 mills low. Who knows how accurate it was before. I have not played with R58 yet. While the T-4XC was sick, I used my TR-3 and a near junk RV-3 to work S04R.
My thanks again to Garey for the R59 idea and his service CD. And thanks to all
for the other things to check and your support.

73,
Bob WW3QB