Of four pair 6JB6 I own, only one will load on 15M and 10M.
Only two will load above 40M.  I'm using my T-4XB as the test
rig ( the best pair (Sylvanias) are now in my T-4X ).  All of the pair were
"matched" by the vendors.

I'm beginning to reluctantly think about doing the 6146 conversion.  I hate to
modify a nice rig, but expense of buying non-performing sweep tubes is becoming
an issue for me.  Have folks found the 6146 to be less problematic than the
6JB6 sweep tubes? In my younger days, I always found the 6146 to be pretty
bullet-proof.

All advice appreciated.

73, Curt KB5JO