Ken -

Good that it was the connector, and not the IC!

Drake 2-B, 4-B, C-Line&  TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

K Allen wrote:
Thanks to all who responded that the coax connection I asked about is a plug-in connection and not soldered. Anyway, after re-seating the pins under the board and the connectors on top of the board the digital display still did not work and I do not have any test equipment. The easiest thing to do was check all 5 of the top of the board connectors again and I found that P3 was apparently still not making good contact with the pins. DeoxIT was applied and the digital display suddenly re-appeared. Low tech miracle.
Thanks again to all,
Ken - N0VA