On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:46:54 EST, gypsym...@aol.com wrote:

Second question....front panel "Fixed" area RCV button.  anybody know  what
>page it is shown on, wired to.  Per the operators manual the function
>appears to be only if you have an AUX 7 board installed. But it is doing some
>magical things...

Carl,

The switch connections are shown on the "Chassis and Parent Board Schematic",
page 2-5 of the service manual. I suspect the "magical things" are the
synthesizer VCO free-running when the switch is depressed because there is no
PTO signal or fixed crystal signal in TX or RX, depending on which switch.

Sorry, can't help you with the first question. :)

73

-Jim

--
Ham Radio NU0C
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.S.A.

"Give a man a URL, and he will learn for an hour; teach him to Google, and he
will learn for a lifetime."

http://radiojim(dot)exofire(dot)net
http://incolor.inetnebr.com/jshorney
http://www.nebraskaghosts.org