Just tried some Deoxit for the first time after hearing so much about it here
on the list.. afterwards, however, I wondered if I might have missed some pithy
warning not to use it on Drake rotary switches?

My T-4XB & R-4B had been working OK before I cleaned a couple of the rotary
switches on the transmitter with a tiny bit of Deoxit per directions but when I
fired it up again, the receiver won't mute... strange because the only thing
done to the setup was the Deoxit on the T-4XB and I'm certain I didn't poke
around hard enough to lift or dislodge any prongs on the switch so I'm baffled
on this one.

None was used on the relay and it closes OK on tune & the mute cable checks out
and so I'm wondering if the Deoxit might have damaged a contact on the
switches?

Has anyone else had problems after Deoxit?  Comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doc