Yes the TR-7 originally came without the DR-7 as the DR-7 was a $150 option.  
My first TR-7 was SN#762 (which I still have) and I had to get the DR-7 as an 
extra.  Funny thing is the vendor did not include the jumper board so I could 
not pull my DR-7 out.

I am surprised that Bob did not put a plug (commercial) in for his extender 
board set that he sells.  Just so you know,  the TR-7 extender board set that 
W7AVK sells has that jumper board in it that is needed if you pull the DR-7 
board out.  If you were running the TR-7 without the DR-7 (but jumper board 
installed as either the DR-7 or the jumper board has to be in place) then you 
would not have access to general coverage.  The DR-7 gives you the general 
coverage receive ability so you could only work ham bands but could not listen 
to shortwave.  You could also not get on the new WARC bands as those came well 
after the TR-7 came out.  The one caveat would be if you had the AUX-7 plugged 
in with a module for your other band segments.  

I hope that did not just muddy the waters.

Thank you.

Jim Pruitt
WA7DUY

>>> 
From:   Bob W7AVK <[email protected]>
To:     <[email protected]>
Date:   7/7/2010 6:08 AM
Subject:        Re: [Drakelist] Tr-7 Display

Tom - I don't know the number produced, but the original TR-7 was sold 
without the Digital Display.  At that time the DR-7 was an option.   
This was quickly changed to what we know now.

73  Bob  W7AVK
Home of the TR-7 Service kits and PIN Diodes




On 7/6/2010 11:01 PM, Tom Evans, AG9X wrote:
> Has anyone ever seen a TR-7 without a DR-7 ?  I've never heard of one.
>
> Tom, AG9X
>
>
> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Kirk Smith<[email protected]>  wrote:
>    
>> Since the TR-7 uses both analog&  digital displays, will it still function
>> if the digital display/card were to go bad?
>>      


>>> 
From:   Jim Shorney <[email protected]>
To:     "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date:   7/6/2010 10:37 PM
Subject:        Re: [Drakelist] Tr-7 Display

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 22:00:16 -0700 (PDT), Kirk Smith wrote:

>Since the TR-7 uses both analog & digital displays, will it still function if 
>the digital display/card were to go bad?


Not trying to be flip, but that depends on what goes bad on the board. It could
go either way, yes or no.

73

-Jim

_______________________________________________
Drakelist mailing list
[email protected] 
http://mailman.zerobeat.net/mailman/listinfo/drakelist


_______________________________________________
Drakelist mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.zerobeat.net/mailman/listinfo/drakelist

Reply via email to