After sitting in my project queue for a couple of years I finally got around to
rebuilding my original 1969 vintage AC-4 using Mike Bryce's kit.  I had stuffed
the PCB a year or so ago but as the C-line was working ok there was no hurry.
Only problem with the install were the PCB standoffs provided to install on the
transformer bolts.  Two of the aluminum standoffs wouldn't catch at all and the
other two were not a positive lock.  Luckily I had a collection of standoffs I
got from DigiKey long ago and had some that were exactly the same length....but
they were tapped for a smaller bolt than those on the transformer.  But a
little effort with my tap and die set had them installed in a jiffy.

Fired the supply up on the bench and the HV/MV and bias readings were spot on.
Back into place with the C-line, reset the bias according to the manual and
powered up....power out was A-ok.

BTW, I did check the old caps with my ESR meter and they tested ok....'course
the question is how many more years would they have done so?  ;-)

I did build myself up a fancy capacitor dishcharge stick to make sure the old
caps were really dead before working on the supply (my younger days would have
found me using a clip lead and a screwdriver but I've come along way!).

Anyway, for those of you who haven't done the rebuild yet you may want to
consider it....it's easy to do and hopefully will provide another 30 years of
service!

Thanks to Mike for making the rebuild kits available....next project is my 1979
vintage L-4B supply where I'll use the Harbach rebuild PCB kit and soft-start
module (they've been sitting in the project queue for a while as well).

73 - Dino KL0S