Woody - Well, it's been 32 years since I did the 10m mod on my new L-4B but as
I recall you should be able to simply replace the LP filter with a straight
piece of coax (can't help with the 10m input coil/cap procurement).  Once
that's done you should have no problem putting the Soft-Start PCB in place....I
just did it a couple of weeks ago.  Contrary to the instructions my amp
actually had the terminal strip oriented such that I didn't have to move it...I
THINK it was built that way to accommodate the LP filter box and thus no moving
required.

Am sure one of the guys will chime in with info about the input components.  If
you look at the front panel you'll probably see that there's a small spot of
gray paint in the place where the "10" should be on the plate tuning and band
switch.  Back in the day I took an eraser and gently removed that paint to
reveal the numerals....YMMV.

Good luck!

73 - Dino KL0S