From: K9sqg
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2011 12:59 PM
To: w1es1...@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] Watch those ball bearings!

Steve,

Not that you would ever need to do that operation again, but what I have done
when I'm concerned about dropping ball bearings or other small parts is to use
some blue "painter's tape" and fold it around on itself so that it is like
double sided tape.  Then I put it in places where parts are likely to drop.  I
did this as a precaution when removing one of the ball bearings from an L4B
bandswitch which is one beefy, hard to turn switch with the original knob.
Removing one of the two ball bearings did the trick.  And yes, the tape caught
the falling ball, hi hi.  Amplifier HV doesn't seem to get along with metal
balls where they don't belong, hi hi.

Don't forget the Drake nets today and Tuesday evening.

73,

Evan, K9SQG