Another good trick for keeping small parts from ending up on the floor is one I
learned from my XYL, who's a beader: Use a piece of Vellux blanket.  Not only
does it keep things from bouncing, the slightly fuzzy texture will keep round
things from rolling off as well.

If you don't happen to have an old blanket that can be sacrificed laying
around, a pre-cut piece can be purchased from any craft supply shop for less
than a buck.

73,

Carl, KJ6BSO