From: "Dennis Monticelli" <dennis.montice...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2012 5:06 PM
To: "Steve Wedge" <w1es1...@earthlink.net>
Cc: "Drake List" <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] Source for pots?

Steve,

Elecraft uses control pots with black plastic shafts.  They sell
replacements, though perhaps only to kit purchasers.  Elecraft buys
from ordinary distributors so these pots are still available.  As I
recall these types did not have screwdriver slots but you could cut
that yourself.

Another idea is to use conventional metal shaft pots designed for
screw adjustment such as made by Allen Bradley years ago.  Our junk
boxes are full of them.  You could wrap the shaft in black tape for
insulation and color match, then use a Sharpie to blacken the exposed
slotted tip.  Or maybe just spray the shaft with a couple of coats of
enamel.  From a distance, it should look close to stock.

Dennis AE6C