John

There is a ground wire in the cable that connects to pin 7 on both PS and amplifier that ties the chassis together.  As I understand the metering system of the L4B/L7 you will always have the high voltage return sitting slightly above chassis due to the grid current through the 1 ohm resistor.  Thats not much but, you cannot tie the HV return directly to chassis or will lose the metering based on my understanding.

Where the real danger can come is if working on the PS independently, you can get in trouble if you make the assumption that the HV return is grounded.  Actually when working on the PS you can use a jumper to short the HV return to the chassis which would probably be safer in that TEST configuration and allow you to catch any issues with voltage breakdown due to wire routing or component placement.

Playing with 3000 volts at these current levels is a full contact sport and not something for casual or inexperienced operators.  This stuff KILLS.

73 de K5MWR