Is it possible power supply was set for 110V not 220V? I do not believe it's
the TR4-although of course it could be. If it was, I should think you would
have lost a diode(s) or Heaven-forbid: the transformer. It could have been a
faulty diode that caused it-hence, after making sure about the input voltage
selector (and if it's correct, I'd check its wiring) I'd check all the
diodes.

Finally, it's always possible it was just the capacitor's time having come.
If you've made sure about the voltage setting, then replace the cap, do the
same start-up routine, and then the SAME cap goes, then yeah, it's obviously
not the caps, but something else going on.

Before you walk-away for the run-time test, I'd check all the voltages just
to be sure they're right. That way, if it does go again (or some other cap)
you'll know at least it LOOKED right prior to catastrophe.

Ed Tanton

website:  <http://www.n4xy.com/> http://www.n4xy.com

All emails <IN> & <OUT> checked by
Norton AntiVirus with AutoProtect