Yep Ski..

Both my A and B do this...interested in a fix shortcut...have not really spent any diagnostic time on it to date.

Curt
KU8L

On 10/29/2012 10:54 PM, Fred or Ski wrote:
I have an R4B that in the last 5 or so years has had what I think is excessive drift in the S-meter zero. I saw a posting from Garey that mentioned checking and/or replacing V4 or V5. I checked both and they had good emission and no shorts. When I first turn on the radio, the meter reads around S-6 and works its way down to eventually near S-1 with no antenna. It takes at least half an hour to get to the S-1 mark. Also if I set the 'meter zero' earlier that the half hour, Itwill be off if the radio is left on longer. I suspect the the meter should 'settle down' faster than that. Has anyone else noticed this problem and what did you do to correct it. I didn't replace the tubes, and maybe that is my next step.
I appreciate any suggestions you might have.
73,
Ski-WB8YXI