  From: Max Cotton
  To: drakelist@zerobeat.net
  Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:10 PM
  Subject: [Drakelist] R4C Hum and audio transistor

  I have a very nice R4C it had a hum with bad audio distortion so I decided to
investigate, whilst taking it apart I noticed that if I touched the noise
blanker the hum would alter, I removed the NB board and the hum was still
there, I found eventually that the audio transistor had desoldered itself, do
they really run that hot? so I resolded the wires, now the radio does not work
anything like as well and has a high amount of white noise, has that audio
transistor died and if so where do I get a new one, is there an equivalent for
that power transistor?
  73, Max M0GHQ