From: Jim Shorney <jshor...@inebraska.com>
To: "drakelist@zerobeat.net" <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2014 10:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] TR7 high pitched wine in audio

The first thing I would look at is the filter cap on the DC-DC converter
("Power Supply") board in the front right corner of the radio. This capacitor
is IMO an "always replace" for any TR-7. Strange things can happen when it
starts to fail, and on a rig that old it most likely is. Replace with a part
specified for 105C temperature if possible.

There was also an engineering change to add a 470uF axial cap to the +10v rail.
This was added by Drake service to any radio that did not have it. Look for it
on the bottom side of the chassis, between pins 10 (+10V) and pin 3 (ground) of
the DC-DC coverter board connector.

73

-Jim
NU0C

--
“There’s something out of place – let’s go and poke it with a stick.” – The
Doctor, "Amy’s Choice"