Hi Damien:

Yes, especially when replying to posts, be sure to note where the reply is directed address-wise. Always good to copy the list as well as any direct message so others can follow along with the discussion responses.

The scenario Garey outlined is very likely indeed. It kind of was an extension of my comment about it is sometimes hard to tell exactly what was going to happen in all stages of the rig. He went into the schematic a little deeper than I did--All of those guys are very knowledgeable in the Drake line-up.

If you plan to do much work at all on these rigs, Garey's CD with annotated pictures and notes is the best available as far as I know.

Hopefully, you caught it before the finals or other parts got damaged.

BTW, a fan pulling air out of the back of the cage is a great benefit to these rigs to shed some of the heat. That being said, these things will run 24/7 at rated output in tough modes like RTTY and just keep going--they are very robust as long as properly loaded.

Cheers

Curt