On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 11:13:38AM +0200, Marco Marino wrote:
> mmm... This means that I do not understood this policy. I thought that I/O
> error happens only on the primary node, but it seems that all nodes become
> diskless in this case. Why? Basically I have an I/O error on the primary
> node because I removed wrongly the ssd (cachecade) disk. Why also the
> secondary node is affected?? And furthermore, using
>
> local-io-error "/usr/lib/drbd/notify-io-error.sh;
> /usr/lib/drbd/notify-emergency-shutdown.sh; echo o >
> /proc/sysrq-trigger ; halt -f";
>
> will be shut down both nodes? and again, should I remove on-io-error
> detach; if I use local-io-error?

If you want the handler to be called,
you have to tell DRBD:
     on-io-error call-local-io-error;

It has been mentioned before:
to successfully execute that handler, it still has to be accessible,
which may not be the case, if your IO subsystem is failing...

Also, the handler you quoted above is an *example* only,
not necessarily what you really want.
And certainly not as good as monitoring + watchdog.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running

DRBD® and LINBIT® are registered trademarks of LINBIT
__
please don't Cc me, but send to list -- I'm subscribed