Hello,

I was wondering about the following. Wasn't there some strict
requirement about code going upstream, which also included that there
was a full open-source driver stack for it?

I don't see how this is the case for Mali, neither in the kernel, nor in
userspace. I'm aware that the Mali kernel driver is open-source. But it
is not upstream, maintained out of tree, and won't land upstream in its
current form (no resemblence to a DRM driver at all). And let's not talk
about the userspace part.

So, why should this be here?

With best wishes,
Tobias

P.S.: I'm signed up to dri-devel in digest mode, so sorry if this mail
doesn't properly show up in the corresponding ml thread.