On 06-03-18, 08:37, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> I'll try to explain but I might need Stephen or some of the other folks to
> jump
> in and save me.

Maybe you should start using his kernel.org address then ? :)

> On sdm845 there are shared power resources controlled by the RPMh which is
> programed by a series of commands from the regulator driver; but in the case
> of the GPU the votes are passed to the GMU (graphics management unit) which
> communicates with the RPMh on behalf of the GPU.
>
> In order to construct the RPMh vote we need first need a voltage level that we
> can look up in a database. qcom,arc-level is the voltage level associated with
> a specific OPP.
>
> I had previously been abusing this with opp-microvolt but that was wrong for
> obvious reasons and then Stephen pointed out that this would be a better way.

Glad that you shared that :)

A solution is already in progress for that and is partially merged as
well.

Look for "performance_state" in genpd and OPP cores (already merged),
followed by this series here:

https://lkml.kernel.org/r/cover.1513926033.git.viresh.ku...@linaro.org

--
viresh