Hey all,

On 4 May 2018 at 09:43, Robert Foss <robert.f...@collabora.com> wrote:
> On 2018-05-03 17:04, Sean Paul wrote:
>> Apologies for the direct ping. I've harvested your emails from drm_hwc git
>> logs,
>> and didn't want to leave anyone out. The good news is that your email
>> address
>> will forever be remembered in the annals of drm_hwcomposer!
>>
>> Anyways, back to the point.
>>
>> Now that we have our shiny freedesktop gitlab instance [1], we should
>> really
>> start using it to its fullest extent. This means 2 things:
>>
>> 1- When you send patches, please consider using gitlab merge requests
>> instead of
>>     git send-email. This is not mandatory, but dri-devel is so busy, I
>> want to
>>     make sure things aren't lost. Further, there might be some who are not
>>     interested in reading dri-devel *gasp*, but who are interested in
>> drm_hwc.
>> 2- If you're interested in being notified of merge requests (since
>> dri-devel can
>>     not be cc'd), please consider clicking "Watch" on the project and
>> choose your
>>     desired notification level.
>
> About the above two points, maybe we could set up a dummy account that
> watches the gitlab project and sends notifications to the dri-devel list?

Yeah, we could do that.

>> If you're still reading, I'll point out a couple other things:
>> - There is a bug tracker on the gitlab instance, feel free to add
>>    bugs/features/etc to it.
>> - I've added a TODO list to the wiki, but in typing this, realized it's
>> probably
>>    better to file bugs for each item. So please ignore the TODO wiki
>> entry.
>

> I can confirm that the TODOs are now very neatly organized issues.
> Thanks for setting this up and sending out this ping.

I'm not a massive fan of the wikis, but you can use GItLab Pages to
generate sites from whatever content in a repo:
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/pages/

Perhaps that would be a better way of dealing with it: have the
content in the repo as rst or whatever, some kind of static-site
generator, then you can have it available to view on
drm-hwcomposer.fd.o.

Cheers,
Daniel