On Fri, May 04, 2018 at 05:19:50PM +0000, Mauro Rossi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just wanted to share that I'm conducting "newbie" tests on oreo-x86 with
> drm_hwcomposer, gbm_gralloc and libdrm with latest gralloc_handle.h
>
> and the results are good on nouveau, provided that some changes in
> drmresources are applied to avoid throwing errors for non connected
> connectors,
>
> i965 completes bootanimation, but surfaceflinger is killed when trying to
> draw status bar and menu bar (annoying but true)
>
> amdgpu (bonaire which supports atomic drm) is affected by problems in
> setting the correct mode on display (only txt cursor is shown) and there
> are SIGSEGV MAPERR at libskia trying to draw pixels.
>
> There are also errors logged by drm_hwcomposer code, which I'm not much
> able to interpret/analyze correctly.
>
> I would like to open issues on drm_hwcomposer with the details and logs
> when I encounter them, may I use gitlab or bugzilla for these
> drm_hwcomposer specific issues?

Yes please! Feel free to file them via gitlab.

> Thanks for instructions
>
> Another question is for Intel and Chromeos developers: are you planning to
> update your minigbm projects to the new common gralloc_handle.h handle
> structure in latest libdrm?

I assume yes, but I'm not hooked in to what's happening with minigbm.

> I'm asking because freedesktop drm_hwcomposer (hwctwo) moved to new libdrm
> gralloc_handle.h handle
> and it would make sense for minigbm to evolve accordingly,
>
> and I'd like to try them in oreo-x86 as a like-for-like replacement option
> for gbm_gralloc

Did you see the latest patches from Alistair Strachan to add minigbm as a
supported platform? That might do what you want.

Thanks for testing, it's much appreciated.

Sean

> Thank for any info
>
> Mauro Rossi
>
> Il 04 mag 2018 14:48, "Robert Foss" <robert.f...@collabora.com> ha scritto:
>
> Heya,
>

> On 2018-05-04 12:51, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > Hi,

> it's probably
> entry.

> >> Not as far as I know. A fun afternoon project might be to hook up
> clang-format
> >> verification as a merge request hook. Aside from that, I think proper
> (or even
> >> improper/simple) CI would require more effort than we have resources.
> >
> > That should be pretty easy as a .gitlab-ci.yml. I'm working on getting
> > support for qemu into the existing runner that we have, so it would be
> > entirely possible to run a drm-hwc on a 'real' kernel, if you have
> > something you can test under qemu.
>
> I'm currently working on getting something like this up and running for
> normal feature development on my local machine.
>
> That being said AOSP is a fast moving target. So we would have to pin the
> AOSP version and maybe bump it every year or so. I guess that goes for
> the kernel,mesa & libdrm as well.
>

> Rob.
>

> > For on-hardware testing (e.g. run it on freedreno + vc4 + ...), that's
> > a whole other topic that we don't currently cover.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Daniel

Sean Paul, Software Engineer, Google / Chromium OS