On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 9:35 PM Ville Syrjala
<ville.syrj...@linux.intel.com> wrote:

>  drm/exynos: Use mode->clock instead of reverse calculating it from the
> vrefresh
>   drm: Nuke mode->vrefresh

I'm sure this is fine.
Acked-by: Linus Walleij <linus.wall...@linaro.org>

We need one: either clock or refresh settings, so it does make sense
to calculate one from the other.

So is the reasoning such that we mostly know the clock and the
resolutions and then calculate vrefresh? (It makes sense to me in
a way.)

What I am worried about here is that some of these (especially panels)
are probably already out of sync so we need to ascertain that the clock
is correct-ish everywhere, so let's be prepared for some regressions.

For command-mode DSI panels the vrefresh can become quite
weird I think, the vrefresh is different from what you can reverse
calculate (I know this from experiments) but I doubt we care
much.

Yours,
Linus Walleij