Hi Tony,

On 31/05/2020 22:39, Tony Lindgren wrote:
When booting without legacy platform data, we no longer have omap_device
calling PM runtime suspend for us on suspend. This causes the driver
context not be saved as we have no suspend and resume functions defined.

Let's fix the issue by switching over to use UNIVERSAL_DEV_PM_OPS as it
will call the existing PM runtime suspend functions on suspend.

I don't think we can use UNIVERSAL_DEV_PM_OPS, as we can't disable DSS modules in any order, but things have to be shut down in orderly manner.

omapdrm hasn't relied on omap_device calling runtime suspend for us (I didn't know it does that). We have system suspend hooks in omap_drv.c:

SIMPLE_DEV_PM_OPS(omapdrm_pm_ops, omap_drm_suspend, omap_drm_resume)

omap_drm_suspend() is supposed to turn off the displays, which then cause dispc_runtime_put (and other runtime_puts) to be called, which result in dispc_runtime_suspend (and other runtime PM suspends).

So... For some reason that's no longer happening? I need to try to find a board with which suspend/resume works (without DSS)...

 Tomi

--
Texas Instruments Finland Oy, Porkkalankatu 22, 00180 Helsinki.
Y-tunnus/Business ID: 0615521-4. Kotipaikka/Domicile: Helsinki