On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 5:43 AM <max...@cerno.tech> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've discussing the idea for the past year to add an IGT test suite that
> all well-behaved KMS drivers must pass.
>
> The main idea behind it comes from v4l2-compliance and cec-compliance,
> that are being used to validate that the drivers are sane.
>
> We should probably start building up the test list, and eventually
> mandate that all tests pass for all the new KMS drivers we would merge
> in the kernel, and be run by KCi or similar.

Let's get https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/502641/ merged
first, that already gives us a mechanism similar to what we use in
mesa to track pass/fail/flake

Beyond that, I think some of the igt tests need to get more stable
before we could consider a "mustpass" list.  The kms_lease tests seem
to fail on msm due to bad assumptions in the test about which CRTCs
primary planes can attach to.  The legacy-cursor crc tests seem a bit
racy (there was a patch posted for that, not sure if it landed yet),
etc.

The best thing to do is actually start running CI and tracking xfails
and flakes ;-)

BR,
-R