On Mon, Jul 27, 2026 at 05:33:26PM +0800, Jun Nie wrote:
> To support high-resolution cases that exceed the width constrain
> or scenarios that surpass the maximum MDP clock rate, additional
> pipes are necessary to enable parallel data processing within
> the width constraints and MDP clock rate.
> 
> Expand pipe array size to 4. Request 4 mixers and 4 DSCs for
> high-resolution cases where dual interfaces are enabled for virtual
> plane case. More use cases can be incorporated later if quad-pipe
> capabilities are required.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Jun Nie <[email protected]>
> Reviewed-by: Dmitry Baryshkov <[email protected]>
> Reviewed-by: Jessica Zhang <[email protected]>
> Patchwork: https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/675418/
> Link: 
> https://lore.kernel.org/r/20250918-v6-16-rc2-quad-pipe-upstream-4-v16-10-ff6232e34...@linaro.org
> Signed-off-by: Dmitry Baryshkov <[email protected]>
> ---

Jun, thanks for your work and your efforts. I hope you don't mind me
taking your patch, testing it thoroughly and finally polishing the LM
allocation conditions. I can say that without your energy and
persistency the series had no chance of being implemented and landed.

I've posted the (hopefully) final bits at [1]. I will run them through
the CI and if everything works, it will land in 7.4.

[1] 
https://patch.msgid.link/[email protected]

-- 
With best wishes
Dmitry

Reply via email to