2026. 10. 4. 08:53, Lyude Paul <[email protected]> wrote:
> The LLM didn't mention this (of course), but you need to increment the version
> of the patches that you send out when sending new versions along with a list
> of changes that were actually made to the patch since the previous version
>
> Also, while LLM generated patches are fine for fixes (to an extent) - but
> please at least make sure you write the changelog by hand to avoid inevitable
> mistakes

Sorry for noise from the sudden series of patches I sent using LLM. These are 
my first kernel patches,
and I just wanted to fix some issues with my old NVIDIA graphics card.

Also, those weren’t new versions. My mail server had a bug delivering most 
messages twice
(I mentioned this in the devfreq RFC series). Sorry for the confusion, it’s 
fixed now

I’ll keep about versioning and hand-written changlogs in mind.

Reply via email to