On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 08:13:34PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a G450 card at work.
> Currently I am trying to build the latest drivers into a deb package,
> which painfully (took me a week :() succeeded.

Ouch, you're going to be annoyed that you missed this, but .debs are
already available[0], still a little rough. (I need to generate the
module source packages, and get it building somewhere via cron.)

> Now I have installed the stuff, and surprise surprise, it does want a
> new kernel module... 3.0.x, and not 2.0.0.
> Major trouble, since there is a rule not to switch workstations from 2.2
> to 2.4 unless it is stable enough...
> The new drm code is very 2.4 centric, so I wondered:
> 1) Are people busy with a 2.2. backport?

Not that I know of, sadly.
> 2) Is there interest

Probably quite a bit actually.

Zephaniah E. Hull.
(Debian developer.)

0: For /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://people.debian.org/~warp/dri/ ./
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~warp/dri/ ./

> I'm starting with a backport right now, so any hints will be greately
> appreciated...
> --
> mail          up   18+11:13,     4 users,  load 0.40, 0.14, 0.08
> mistar1       up    2+20:37,     8 users,  load 2.00, 2.00, 2.00
> Let your government know you value your freedom: sign the petition:
> http://petition.eurolinux.org

 PGP EA5198D1-Zephaniah E. Hull <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>-GPG E65A7801
    Keys available at http://whitestar.soark.net/~warp/public_keys.