Hello.
I am happy owner of Voodoo3 AGP 2000 and AMD K6-2.
I have Linux-2.4.5, glibc-2.1.3 and latest XFree86 CVS installed.
I am developing simple 3D editor - it just a toy. I use OpenGL, SDL and
Paragui. I have big problem - when I move scrollbar - 3D scene is not rendered,
it just disappear or "blinking". I thought it's my app fault, then I saw the
same thing in Paragui testgl.cpp, so I thought it's related to SDL or
Paragui...
But everything is OK when I run this app on system with TNT2 or in Win32. It's
even OK on my system, when I switch to software mode - so I think it's problem
with tdfx driver.
Doom, Quake, other shooters, SDLgears - works perfect. Looks like there are
problems when application has OpenGL view and widgets (buttons, scrollbars,
etc...) - I had always problem with Blender, but in software mode it works
great.
I always compile XFree86 with -march=k6 ( sometimes even with
-fomit-frame-pointer ), so now I just recompiled it without any special
optimize options - same result.  I am thinking about test older versions of
tdfx driver, but this will eat time... Can you help me in any way?
Anybody uses tdfx and Blender, or has SDL installed? I can send you application
where this bug is visible (well.. it's in default testgl.cpp in Paragui...).
The main problem is that not everything is drawed, when I turn off glClear()
then move scrollbar - not every frame is visible (there are black holes on
screen).

--
I think about closing the door
And lately I think of it more