On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Manuel Teira wrote:

> Perhaps we should work with the latest DRI trunk. Do you think it worth the
> effort?

It seems that most of the changes I noticed have been in the drivers for
the newer cards, but I haven't really looked at it that closely at this
point.  I'm certainly no authority on this, I'm still trying to comprehend
everything. ;)

> A logical analysis: The reset engine code is ORing the BUS_CNTL
> with 0x00a00000, right? But we are suspecting that the component 0x00800000
> could be read only, and after looking at the code and the defines, it seems
> that this bit is redefined for the newer cards. Well, if the bit were
> read-only, the DRI_INFO for that register could learn us something. In my
> laptop, the BUS_CNTL before and after the DMA tests is always:
> BUS_CNTL = 0x7b3fa001
> As you can see, the 0x00800000 is not set, and the 0x00200000 is set. Perhaps
> this is meaning that this bit is read-only and, so,  the supposed
> obsoleted BUS_LAT16X ?
>
> What value is holding your  BUS_CNTL ?

I get 0x7b3fa101 before the test, which is the same except that bit 8
(reserved) is set, and after the DMA test (with the new code that resets
the engine) I get 0x7b3fa141 -- BUS_MASTER_DIS is set by the reset code.

--
Leif Delgass